5 Best Places To Get Royalty Free Music For Podcasts
Podcasting has become a powerful medium for storytelling, education, and entertainment. One of the key elements that can elevate the quality of a podcast is its music. However, finding the right music without infringing on copyrights can be a challenge. This guide will introduce you to the best places to find royalty-free music for your podcast and help you navigate the complexities of music licenses.
Why Music Matters in Podcasting
- Setting the Tone: An engaging intro song can set the mood and immerse listeners into the podcast’s universe.
- Branding: A memorable jingle can become synonymous with your podcast, enhancing brand recall.
- Structuring Content: Segment change music punctuates transitions, guiding listeners through different sections of your episode.
- Concluding Gracefully: Outro music ensures a smooth transition from the main content to the concluding segment, leaving listeners with a polished impression.
Understanding Music Licenses
- Creative Commons: Allows usage without permission but requires artist credit. However, there are different types of Creative Commons licenses, so always check the specifics.
- Royalty-Free: You don’t pay royalties every time the music is played. Instead, you purchase a license to use the music. This doesn’t mean the music is copyright-free.
- Public Domain: Music whose copyright has expired, making it free for any use.
Top 5 Places to Find Royalty Free Music for Your Podcast
A part of the Envato Market, Audiojungle offers a vast collection of royalty-free music and audio tracks, catering to various moods and genres.
- Extensive range of tracks starting at just $1.
- Curated ‘packs’ help users find similar songs fitting specific categories.
- Note: Licenses are for ‘one end product’, so if you plan to use a track across multiple episodes, costs might accumulate.
Mubert is a unique platform that uses AI to generate real-time music. It’s not just about pre-recorded tracks; it’s about creating something new every time.
- AI-generated music tailored to user preferences.
- Ability to generate music using simple text prompts.
- Offers a studio platform for artists to harness AI and monetize their creations.
Pond5 is a marketplace for royalty-free media, including music, video clips, and more. It boasts a diverse collection of tracks suitable for various podcast themes.
- Wide price range catering to different budgets.
- Monthly subscription offers 10 downloads per month, with unused downloads rolling over.
- Detailed search filters, including ‘keywords’, genre, and collections.
Soundstripe offers a subscription-based service, providing high-quality music for various media, including podcasts, videos, and advertisements.
- Unlimited access to a vast library with a monthly or yearly subscription.
- Regularly updated collection ensuring fresh content.
- Handpicked playlists and curated collections to help users find the perfect track.
A subsidiary of Shutterstock, PremiumBeat offers royalty-free music tracks curated by professional musicians.
- Option for a monthly subscription or one-time fee for tracks.
- Wide range of genres with detailed categorization.
- Advanced search function, including by genre, mood, or curated collections.
Music is an integral part of podcasting, enhancing the overall listening experience. With the plethora of royalty-free music platforms available, podcasters can easily find tracks that resonate with their content and audience. Always ensure you understand the licensing terms to avoid any legal complications. Whether you’re launching a new podcast or looking to refresh an existing one, the right music can make all the difference.
Also Read: 6 Best AI Music Generators